Sean King

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

John McCain spoke on the subject of Freddie and Fannie back in May 2006:

I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.

I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation.



Needless to say, they didn't. Why? Well, read the whole thing. It is very enlightening, and very incriminating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you get the time, can you weigh in on the government's actions with regard to the banking and Wall Street situation?

-- Your Sister