Sean King

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Megan McArdle:

[T]here's no question that Dean Kamen knows how to produce real and important innovation--his inventions are, if not saving lives, dramatically improving their quality. If he demands to get rich in return for doing this--very rich, filthy rich, obscenely, rolling around in piles of $100 bills rich--then this strikes me as a good bargain. But I think for a lot of people it isn't. The injustice of his demands for profit rankles more deeply than the miracle of his inventions can soothe. If they have to risk some innovation in order to wring this profit out of the system, and distribute the goods he's already produced for us more widely, they're fine with that tradeoff.

I'm not.



I'm not either, Megan.

No comments: