Sean King

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kindle v. "Real" Books

Scott Stein: [W]hen will e-books become more compelling than the physical books they were meant to replace?

For me, it happened. Today, at 2 p.m. Eastern, I went to Borders and returned a book I bought just a week ago. The reason was this: I found the book had popped up on the Amazon Kindle store for less. So I pulled the trigger.



I'm to the point now where I too prefer e-books to hard copies--so much so that I get very frustrated when books that I want to read aren't available in Kindle format at Amazon.com. I can't imagine why a publisher today wouldn't make its books available in this new formal.


UPDATE:> Related story here. I've not heard of scribd before. Will have to check it out.

No comments: