Sean King

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Triumph of Hope Over Fear?

Just a few weeks ago, Obama suggested in his inaugural address that his election represented the triumph of Democrat "hope" over Republican "fear." My oh my, how things have quickly changed:


"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe."
-- President Obama, Feb. 4.


"I don't think the American public has gripped in its gut what could happen. We're looking at a scenario where there's no more agriculture in California. I don't actually see how they can keep their cities going."
--Secretary of Energy Steven Chu


"This would bring a screeching halt to human civilization and threaten life everywhere on Earth, and this is by the end of this century"
-Al Gore, January 28


"Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs. I don't think we can go fast enough to stop that."
--Nancy Pelosi


Hope? Really? These guys sound more like the four horsemen of the apocalypse than harbingers of hope!

No comments: